Water Resistant Roof Paint
Neutron Neuklad manufactured to very strict SABS ISO 9001 quality standards.
This durable flexible paint is one of the most versatile exterior coatings available on the market. Not only is it waterproof, it is based on a Pure Acrylic blend and re-enforced with natural fibres giving it a superior flexibility and longevity. Thanks to the combination of various materials, Neutron Neuklad has the best elasticity, UV protection, water resistance and flexibility a paint can offer.
You might not be familiar with this product, but ask the experienced contractors in the know and they will all recommend Neutron Neuklad. Ideally, Neuklad should be applied at 5-6m² / l, which means it is approximately 40% thicker than the average low sheen pure acrylic and therefore, also more costly. However, the benefits outweigh the costs.
Uses for Neutron Neuklad:
- Ideal for waterproofing ( in conjunction with a non-woven polyester membrane) and protection of exterior wall surfaces
- Bridge fine hairline cracks on all exterior wall surfaces
- Works well on concrete, brickwork, fibre-cement, primed metal and wood substrates
- To be used on roofs (flat, & pitched roofs), parapets, gutters and flashings
Features & benefits of Neutron Neuklad:
- EXCELLENT FLEXIBILITY & ELONGATION
- BRIDGES HAIRLINE CRACKS
- SMOOTH DURABLE FINISH
- Can easily be cleaned and HAS LOW DIRT RETENTION
- UV Resistant
- 100% Lead free & low VOC
- Environmentally friendly
- Quick drying
- Low odour
- Neuklad being water-based, ensures easy cleaning
- Approved for Wine Cellars. Neuklad was approved by Thales Wine Cellar Services (PTY) LTD to be safe for the use in wine cellars as it contains no organo-chlorine compounds.
For best results, apply using a roller or brush. Thinning is not recommended. Drying time (touch dry) is usually about a half hour and for recoating about 4 hours. Even though not as well-known as many other branded products, Neuklad have been in use for the past 30 years and is the no 1 choice for high-rise buildings. Unlike most single and double storey dwellings, high-rise buildings cost and triple in labour because of the cost of accessing areas ten or fifteen floors up. For this reason the best available, cost effective product should be used to get the maximum advantage and lifespan out of the product used. Neuklad have stood the test of time, lasting ten years and more on many beachfront high-rise building where it is not only subjected to abrasion of sand particulars of high winds, but also the salty air which can have an adverse effect on standard acrylic products.